Mobile ID is an app for Apple and Android that allows you to open doors into academic buildings and dormitories using your smartphone. The app is not meant to replace your K-Card, but will make forgetting your K-Card far less of a hassle. Mobile ID will grant you the same accesses as your K-card. It will be important that you still carry your K-Card, as Mobile ID does not currently mimic all the features of a K-Card and is not a valid form of ID.
Frequently Asked Questions1. Why do I keep getting a “Denied - Not within distance of reader” error even though I am right by the door?
Even when you are next to the door you wish to open, the GPS signal could be blocked or inaccurate. Here are a few things to check and try:
- Ensure location services are enabled for Mobile ID.
- With Mobile ID open walk away from the door to an open sky area then walk back. This should update your location in the app and allow you to open your door.
- Only certain doors can be opened using Mobile ID. If there is no sticker, then this is a location that is not enabled for Mobile ID. You can check the list above for buildings that have doors with Mobile ID access. Remember Mobile ID is a supplement to your K-Card, not a replacement. You must always have your K-Card with you.
- Make sure you are using your Kenyon username and password. If you are sure that you are using the correct information, contact Helpline at 1-740-427-5700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can only register a specific smartphone with MobileID once every 30 days. If you need to register a new device, you must contact Helpline.
- Go to kcard.kenyon.edu in a browser.
- Login with your Kenyon username and password.
- On the left side of the page, click Report Lost Phone .
- Click Yes.
- If you find your phone after reporting it lost, you will have to re-register your smartphone with Mobile ID.
5. I have a new phone, what do I do?
- Follow the install procedures in the instructions above and activate your new phone. This will automatically deactivate your old device. If it has been less than 30 days since your last activation, please contact Helpline.
6. Have more questions or feedback?
- Please email Helpline at email@example.com.